Join our journey
Bookaway is more than a company. We’re a team of individuals who share a passion for travel and technology as well as the drive to create something big. Together, we work hard, we work together, we laugh a lot and we have in-depth discussions about what to eat for lunch every day.
Bookaway is about more than getting from one place to another. We’re about taking the stress out of travel so that you can enjoy the ride and fully experience the liberation of travel. We’re all about the journey.
We understand travelers because we are travelers. We care because we know how stressful traveling can be. We use technology to innovate experiences, to make your life easier and to make your trip smoother.
We put travelers first
Our travelers’ decisions are the heart of our decisions. If something doesn’t work for them, then it doesn’t work for us.
We’re a new generation of travelers, born with mobile devices in the palms of our hands. We expect everything to be a screen tap away, including tickets to the world’s best locations.
With this understanding, we’re freeing travelers from the stress of the unknown while traveling so they can focus on what really matters — the journey. We make travel dreams a reality. We make exploring the world with confidence tangible.
Which position is calling your name?
Backend Team Leader
About The Position
We are Bookaway’s R&D team- a core team of passionate professionals. Join a team where each developer has a significant impact and help create the best products in our industry.
Working with the most cutting-edge technologies and frameworks such as Node.js, Docker, K8s, Nginx using MongoDB and elastic search, working with best practices like microservices and CI-CD. In addition we move fast and agile, while having a fun and dynamic environment to work in..
We are looking for a talented and motivated Backend team leader with a passion for coding and technologies to join our groundbreaking company in the ground transportation industry to join us and lead our backend team.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- 5+ years working as a Backend / Full Stack Developer
- At least 2 years of experience working with Cloud infrastructure (AWS\GCP), Docker, Kubernetes & CI/CD tools
- At least 2 years of experience working with Node.js
- All-around team player and self-motivated individual
- Passion for code craftsmanship
- Experience working on high-scale, production-grade projects.
- A history of contributing to open-source projects is a plus
- Lead with a startup can-do attitude.
- Hard worker and great team player