Join our journey
Bookaway is more than a company. We’re a team of individuals who share a passion for travel and technology as well as the drive to create something big. Together, we work hard, we work together, we laugh a lot and we have in-depth discussions about what to eat for lunch every day.
Bookaway is about more than getting from one place to another. We’re about taking the stress out of travel so that you can enjoy the ride and fully experience the liberation of travel. We’re all about the journey.
We understand travelers because we are travelers. We care because we know how stressful traveling can be. We use technology to innovate experiences, to make your life easier and to make your trip smoother.
We put travelers first
Our travelers’ decisions are the heart of our decisions. If something doesn’t work for them, then it doesn’t work for us.
We’re a new generation of travelers, born with mobile devices in the palms of our hands. We expect everything to be a screen tap away, including tickets to the world’s best locations.
With this understanding, we’re freeing travelers from the stress of the unknown while traveling so they can focus on what really matters — the journey. We make travel dreams a reality. We make exploring the world with confidence tangible.
Which position is calling your name?
About The Position
Bookaway is looking for an excellent and smart Bookkeeper to join our finance team in Tel Aviv and to assist in all areas and responsibilities, including overseeing financial activities, assistance with internal controls and processes set up and other day to day bookkeeping and accounting tasks.
As part of working in an international, high tech company, most of the work will be in English and will involve multiple currencies.
The finance team is responsible for all aspects of the company’s finance management, from ensuring that we are compliant with all tax regulations and business obligations, to planning ahead and enabling the infrastructure needed to provide the company’s extensive growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Bookaway’s finance team, during a pivotal time in our brand’s history, as we evolve from a small start-up to an important, international player within the travel ecosystem.
- Overall responsibility over the financial records of the company
- Recording transactions and posting them to various accounts
- Processing payments
- Conducting daily banking activities
- Reconciling reports to third-party records such as bank statements
- Accounts Receivable management
- Account Payable management: New vendor creation (local and foreign) and accounts payable reconciliation
- Budget vs actual analysis during the monthly closure process
- Report to tax authorities on a monthly basis (VAT and income taxes)
- Assemble information for external auditors as part of the auditing process
- Manage intercompany charges and adjustments
- Travel reports and employee reimbursement management
- Support Finance related projects such as Netsuite implementation
- Help design, implement and enforce company wide processes and policies
- Type 1 + 2 + 3 bookkeeping certificate – a must.
- At least 3 – 4 years of bookkeeping experience in a global high tech company and working with multiple currencies – a must
- Strong verbal and written skills in English – a must
- Proficiency in Excel – a must
- Experience with Netsuite – an advantage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workload effectively
- Strong attention to detail required