Join our journey
Bookaway is more than a company. We’re a team of individuals who share a passion for travel and technology as well as the drive to create something big. Together, we work hard, we work together, we laugh a lot and we have in-depth discussions about what to eat for lunch every day.
Bookaway is about more than getting from one place to another. We’re about taking the stress out of travel so that you can enjoy the ride and fully experience the liberation of travel. We’re all about the journey.
We understand travelers because we are travelers. We care because we know how stressful traveling can be. We use technology to innovate experiences, to make your life easier and to make your trip smoother.
We put travelers first
Our travelers’ decisions are the heart of our decisions. If something doesn’t work for them, then it doesn’t work for us.
We’re a new generation of travelers, born with mobile devices in the palms of our hands. We expect everything to be a screen tap away, including tickets to the world’s best locations.
With this understanding, we’re freeing travelers from the stress of the unknown while traveling so they can focus on what really matters — the journey. We make travel dreams a reality. We make exploring the world with confidence tangible.
Which position is calling your name?
About The Position
Traveling in a foreign country can be stressful – language barriers, cash in local currency, and anxiety over the unknown. Bookaway means finding, comparing, and booking ground transportation tickets is now effortless. Travelers can rely on Bookaway for reviews, accurate information, and 24/7 support, provided by travelers who are just like you.
Bookaway is about more than getting from one place to another, it’s about the journey.
Bookaway is expanding our reach around the globe and a critical driver to this success is the Finance team. We are looking for an Accounting manager to lead our finance activity in the Asia region.
The accounting manager will have a key role in establishing all the infrastructure needed for our business scale up, liaising with our local leaders, suppliers and business partners. The accounting manager will also lead all the interface with the groups’ headquarter to leverage the advantages of global accounting.
What will you actually do:
- Be the focal point in all Finance related matters for our entities in the Asia region.
- Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledgers
- Supervise, direct, and review the work of the local accounting firms
- Perform timely and accurate accounting close
- Prepare internal and external financial reports with solid analysis including reporting package to head quarter
- Liaise with external auditors
- Report accurate, timely and insightful monthly management accounts and financial updates for management review
- Support company wide projects.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounting or related field
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong interpersonal skill, problem solving, prioritization, independant with ability to meet deadlines.
- Dynamic and able to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in excel
- Very good written and spoken communication skills in Thai and English.
- Experience working in Multinational Company
- Experience in working in the travel industry is an advantage.